Saturday 27 August 2011

August meeting (2).

I was hoping to post a live update but whilst The Cuddie Brae has wi-fi, it's a bit patchy outside :(

Four of us made it today: Colin, John and myself were happy to welcome a new face...Graham has been smoking a pipe for years but has only recently discovered how much wider the choice is nowadays.

John and I tried some of the Mac Baren 7 Seas Cherry Blend: very nice although it might have benefited from allowing it to dry a bit before smoking. It's a mild blend but has a very pleasant room note. Colin and Graham sampled the Mac Baren Navy Flake and both gave it a solid thumbs up! I thought they might as I already think it's a lovely smoke. I think there will be at least a couple of tins being bought in the near future.

I sold several raffle tickets for the Peterson's 314 but will carry the draw over until at least the next meeting, so please come and try your luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment